- Successfully complete 11th grade
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Successfully complete Algebra II and Biology
- Earn a B or higher in all science and mathematics courses
- Must reside in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Passaic, or Union county, NJ
- Must be Federal Trio low-income levels
- Must be a potential first-generation college student
AIM High Academy is a free three-week, residential program on the Rutgers University-Newark campus. The Rutgers University - Newark Aim High Academy (AHA) will provide forty high-achieving, low-income and/or first generation students with an intensive three-week residential summer experience. Emphasis in scientific research, college and career awareness, leadership and team building will generate the skills and motivation necessary to persist and graduate from secondary school, and generate interest in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
Earth ecology concerns plant, animal, and human interactions within environmental systems. The Summer Earth Ecology Program will engage students in a hands-on experience that will use the natural community as a “living laboratory”. Aim High Academy students will participate in classroom instruction, conduct field work, analyze data in a laboratory setting, participate in educational field trips, and develop an academic plan for college enrollment.
Dates and Times for this program will be provided closer to the start date.