Summer dance students receive specialized, age appropriate mentorship from Mason Gross School of the Arts faculty. A residential option allows high school students an early taste of on-campus college life. Participants make use of the world-class facilities of the Mason Gross Dance Department for classes and performances.
The Summer Dance Conservatory is designed for dancers interested in a collegiate-level experience. Participants develop skills through a rigorous daily schedule of ballet and modern technique classes taught by Rutgers Dance faculty in the Mason Gross dance studios. A variety of other styles are explored in a series of master classes with world-class teaching artists. All students create their own choreography and have the opportunity to perform in a fully produced, end-of-session showcase. Dual session students participate in restorative wellness workshops, and attend a performance at the Joyce Theater in New York.
- Session 1: July 12–17, 2020
- Session 2: July 19–24, 2020
- Dual Session: July 12–24 (includes weekend program)
- Open to students entering grades 9–first year of college
- Commuter and residential options available
- Video or in-person audition required
- Single session: $1,525 residential; $1,100 commuter
- Dual session: $3,250 residential; $2,400 commuter
- Audition fee: $25
Click here for additional information, auditions, and registration.